EVERY BUSINESS THAT WANTS TO BE DATA-DRIVEN, SHOULD BE.
I'D LIKE TO MAKE THAT A REALITY, AS A FRACTIONAL CHIEF DATA OFFICER.
DO I NEED BUSINESS + DATA STRATEGY?
- Start-up advisor + mentor to 10+ founders on development and implementation of data strategies to power data-driven customer understanding from concept to product
- Prioritized 40+ initiatives in collaboration with executives of major entertainment studio, based on product payoff, timeline to delivery and data availability
- Panelist: Learn Insider Secrets to Data Collection and How to Use it to Scale at RTB Capital Group (October)
- Blog: Filling-in your Data Strategy Gaps: 10 Reasons Why your Data Initiative will Fail and How to Get it Right the First Time
HOW CAN I LEVERAGE DATA TO UNDERSTAND MY CUSTOMERS AND GROW MY BUSINESS?
- Developed positive and negative KPIs to evaluate network connectivity for online gaming start-up with TB of data (220M+ requests/day)
- Identified areas of missed revenue opportunities that also reduced customer churn for fashion subscription box
- Built end-to-end near-real time recommendation engine for a social media start-up to improve engagement of social media posts via ExtraTrees, and productionalized as an API via AWS SageMaker, Python and Docker
- (other examples)
ENGAGEMENTS (Recent + Upcoming)
- UCLA Lecturer (Jan 2020 - Mar 2020, Wednesdays 6-9PM): Stats 404 - Statistical Computing and Programming
- Mentor: Across the STEMverse: A GWIS-LA Industry Careers Conference (Feb 2020)
- Panelist: UCLA MSBA Tech Industry Night (Jan 2020)
- Panelist: Society of Women in Statistics: Industry Event (Jan 2020)
- Panelist: Exploring Careers in Data Analytics (Jan 2020)
- Panelist: Exploring Careers in Consulting (Nov 2019)
- Panelist: Learn Insider Secrets to Data Collection and How to Use it to Scale (Oct 2019)
- Speaker: Data Projects vs Products: Top 5 Reasons Why your Data Science Project Didn't Make it and How to Get It Right the First Time (Oct 2019, Sept 2019)
- Mentor (Pitch + Data Strategy): Glendale Tech on Tap (Aug 2019)
- Speaker: Writing your First Testing Suite with pytest for your Machine Learning Model (Jul 2019)